January 15, 2013

Sewalong fun!

I really like participating in the fun sewalongs that some of the creative people here in the sewing blogosphere come up with and host. Right now I'm taking part in three sewalongs.

There is the Sew Colette 2.0, which is taking a break right now but will resume in March. I'm really looking forward to that.



Then there is the on-going 30 minutes a day Tiramisu knit dress sewalong. My participation has been very chopped up, but right now I'm in the same stage as everyone else.

Sewingcake

And today I read about the fantastic Stashbusting sewalong 2013 and decided to join in! I have committed to use at least six pieces of fabric from my stash this year. This sewalong seems superfun with one theme a month and challenges with prizes! Yay! I'm so in!

Stashbusting Sewalong

I have also committed to some other sewing goals for 2013. I'm in the jar of Karen from didyoumakethat. My sewlution is to  sew garments with bound buttonholes, welt pockets, zippered pockets as I want to learn new techniques.

didyoumakethat
 
 
Now I just hope the I can combine some of these sewalongs, that would be really cool.
 
Are you in any of these sewalongs or any other that I don't know about?
 
 
Bye for now,
 
Johanna


2 comments:

  1. Hi Johana, I have seen many people participating in the Tiramisu sewalong. I found out about it too late. And I'm going to take part in the Collete sewalong in March. My first one, excited about it! And I've seen the In the Jar post. What is that? Not sure what that sewalong pertains to.
    www.gjeometry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the jar... :) It's sort of an official way to make sewing resolutions (resewlutions) for 2013. Karen from "Did you make that?" came up with it and she's got the actual jar with everyone's resewlutions in it.

      Read more here:
      http://didyoumakethat.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is/

      Delete