April 19, 2012

Simplicity 2245

At the moment I can't remember where I found this pattern, probably while browsing here ( a good Swedish site to buy sewing patterns). It looked so pretty in the pictures on the cover. Since I imagine that I don't look so good in 3/4 sleeves, I wanted to make a short sleeved dress, so I combined view A with the sleeves of view B/C.

I went to one of my local fabric shops, Tygfabriken, and found this cute fabric in hot pink (?) with black dots. I wanted something else for the neck part, so I chose a black fabric of the same type with tiny white dots.


This is the dress with one of the sleeves and cuffs finished. But suddenly the cuffs didn't feel quite right, so I removed them (by this time I had already finished both). And I just hemmed the sleeves instead. What do you think? Was I right?

The dress was quite easy to make. It took a couple of days, since I have to make pauses for cooking, playing with the kids, etc. If I would make it again, which I probably will, I will totally omit the loops and buttons and just sew the two back pieces together all the way. I confess, I didn't make the loops on this dress, just an ordinary button hole. Couldn't be bothered with the loops...


I love the pockets on the dress! I don't know why, but it's just comfy to have pockets (somewhere to put your hands I guess..). Well, here is the final result, which I have worn once.


And here's the back:


Oh, by the way I lengthened the dress by 10 cm/4 inches, since I'm 175 cm/5 feet 10 inches tall, and HATE too short dresses. I like them to finish just above the knees to feel comfortable. About the sizing: I usually wear size Eu 46/Am 22, so I chose size 22, which was too big, so I had to take it in under the arms. The thing is, I have (according to me) HUGE hips 115 cm/46 inches, no waist and kind of big boobs (100 cm/40 inches), so it's hard to find the right size.

Well, it seems I have rambled on for quite a while, so I will stop here.

Bye for now,

Johanna


P.S. I'll try to take some pictures of the dress with me in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment