Yep, I finished the Macaron muslin today and I'm quite happy with it. There were some issues and I will write about them later on. But first some pics:
It's always interesting (terrifying?) to see yourself from the back. I see now that the back is a little loose. Well, I'll leave it like that, I don't like to tight clothes anyway.
Ok, as I said there were some issues with this dress for me...
1. It's a little on the short side. I had to serge the bottom hem and fold it 1cm/3/8inch and then sew. And it's still a little shorter than I would have liked.
2. The sleeves are super cute, but I do have a big problem with sleeves of this type (fitted?). I do NOT like when I can't lift my arms without the whole dress lifting too. If/when I make the Macaron dress again, I think I will make some sort of kimono sleeve instead. (Kimono sleeves rock!)
3. As mentioned in my last post, I thought it was difficult to know which way to turn the midriff pieces. The front midriff piece still doesn't look right, it has like a different sheen to it... strange...
Some other things to note...
4. I didn't have an invisible zipper at hand, but found an ordinary one, long enough and blue(!) in my stash. I was not perfect, but close enough for a muslin.
5. I am so lazy... I used turquoise (teal) thread all over, even on the white fabric... I couldn't be bothered to change it... :-P
6. I used my serger to finish seams on the inside! Very practical! And fast.
To sum up: the Macaron dress is uncomplicated to put together with a great fit (for me) that makes you look good. I recommend this pattern a lot.
Bye for now,