August 13, 2012

Macaron progress

Today I got some time to really sew, so now there's been some progress on my Macaron muslin. As I wrote in a previous post I chose to make the muslin out of the blue IKEA-fabric I have. For the yoke and sleeves I chose plain white fabric, the same type as the blue one.

When I traced the pattern pieces I made all the pieces for contrasting fabric size US14 and all the others size US16. Size 16 is what I used for my Ginger skirt, also from Colette patterns, so I thought it should be ok. And it was! I had my doubts when holding up the front skirt piece in front of me and it barely went from side to side, and I hadn't even put in the front pleats yet.... But somehow it turned out to be a great fit (when wearing shaping panties). So I guess I'll just finish the muslin and decide on the fabric for the "real thing". Exciting!

BTW, had some trouble with the midriff pieces, still not sure if I put them right or upside-down...

Not the best photo, but just something to see that it actually fits me (even without shaping panties)...
I'll be back with the finished muslin and fabric choice for the next one.

Bye for now,


1 comment:

  1. I love it, the style really suits you. Can't wait to see what you make next. xx