July 15, 2012

Cheating...

During my last project, the tent dress, I started thinking about what Katy said about my sewing in one of her comments:
Katy47p July 13, 2012 10:19 AM
"Oh wow, you are so quick at sewing, I can't wait to see what you create with your new overlocker. xx"

Hmm, am I quick at sewing? Maybe I am. But why is that? And that's what I was thinking about. This is what I came up with:
  • I usually don't pick very difficult patterns=easy and quick to sew
  • I CHEAT!
Yep, that's right, I cheat. At certain things, not everything. For example, I want the inside of my garments to look neat, so I use French seams as much as I can, that's not cheating. So what do I cheat with?
Take a look at the picture below... Yes, I have not sewed the bias tape together before attaching it to the neckline. I just hate doing that, so unnecessary...



I also don't measure when pressing the seam allowance before hemming. I use my eyes and wing it. It turns out good enough for me...

When I made these pleats on the sleeves of the tent dress, I didn't measure properly, I used the dots in the fabric. 




And I also DIDN'T PIN! Nope, I try to use pins as little as possible... It's just tiresome to pin and pin and pin.... When I do French seams, I only pin the first seam, then I press it and just sew the second seam.

Well, am I the only one doing this, or is there anyone else who also cheats when sewing? What tips or tricks do you use when sewing?

Bye for now,

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment